We’ve very recently blogged about carbon monoxide (CO) detection and the rash of venting problems occurring this winter, but we were shocked and saddened by the recent tragedy of a twelve-year-old Airdrie boy who died from CO poisoning in his own bed. The source of the gas was found to be a condensing boiler unit
The dead of winter is peak season for carbon monoxide risks; that’s when all your gas-fired appliances are working overtime. We all know that carbon monoxide asphyxiation can spoil your whole day, but for some people chronic low-level exposure can be a problem too. Why It’s So Dangerous Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colourless,
Autumn is a good time of year to tackle furnace replacement; you get to enjoy the fruits of your investment right away without going through the stress of an emergency mid-winter replacement at thirty below. Check Out Bryant When you call us for a possible furnace replacement, first we’ll pay you a visit to
A High Velocity System (or SDHV for Small Duct High Velocity) is a style of heating system that uses a boiler and small-diameter flexible ductwork to heat the home.
It’s Peak Season for Air Conditioning Systems Like furnaces that break down on the coldest night of the year, an air conditioner is more than likely to fail on the hottest day of the year. This summer’s heat waves have been punishing for AC units, especially those that are poorly maintained. Routine Checks Your air
In Calgary, a lot of people start using their air conditioners starting around April, or when daytime temperatures begin to regularly exceed 15 degrees. Now’s the time to make sure yours is ready to go.
Have you been feeling under the weather? Tired, low energy, headaches, stomach aches or chronically “stuffed up”? Whereas in the summer we spent plenty of time outside and kept our windows open, therefore benefitting from constant ventilation, come winter, gasses like radon and carbon monoxide accumulate, and contaminants like mould, off-gassing from carpets and paints,
Indoor Air Quality Advice From Your Calgary Plumbers If you find yourself sneezing or sniffling, your family is getting sick more, or you’re waking up in the morning feeling stuffed up, the indoor air quality in your home may be to blame. Dust and dander in the air; off-gassing from new carpet, paint and upholstery;