The dead of winter is peak season for carbon monoxide risks; that’s when all your gas-fired appliances are working overtime. We all know that carbon monoxide asphyxiation can spoil your whole day, but for some people chronic low-level exposure can be a problem too. Why It’s So Dangerous Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colourless,
Make Sure Your Gas Appliances Can Breathe With the current cold spell and recent snowfall, we are getting a rash of calls right now concerning furnaces, water heaters and boilers conking out. A large number of these failures result from snow and frost obstructing the vents and/or fresh air intakes of gas appliances. This is
We like, totally live in the future, man Pretty much everyone carries a smartphone these days, and most people also have broadband Internet access in their homes. Combining these two things with wireless networking technology makes for some exciting possibilities. Côr Home Automation is an associate brand of Carrier/Bryant. With their system you can run
One out of eight homes in the Calgary region have unacceptably high radon levels, posing a public health concern that every homeowner should take seriously.
In compliance with legislation that took effect February 28, 2012, seniors’ facilities need to be upgraded with temperature regulator mixing valves.
One potential source of carbon monoxide is the furnace in your home — yet another reason why your annual furnace inspection is so crucial.