Sick building syndrome (SBS) is a term coined in the 1980s for symptoms of un-wellness that appear to be linked to time spent inside a building. With widespread concern over energy conservation in the 70s, we intentionally began building homes to be more and more airtight in the interest of keeping heat in and cold
We’ve very recently blogged about carbon monoxide (CO) detection and the rash of venting problems occurring this winter, but we were shocked and saddened by the recent tragedy of a twelve-year-old Airdrie boy who died from CO poisoning in his own bed. The source of the gas was found to be a condensing boiler unit
The dead of winter is peak season for carbon monoxide risks; that’s when all your gas-fired appliances are working overtime. We all know that carbon monoxide asphyxiation can spoil your whole day, but for some people chronic low-level exposure can be a problem too. Why It’s So Dangerous Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colourless,
In compliance with legislation that took effect February 28, 2012, seniors’ facilities need to be upgraded with temperature regulator mixing valves.
Make sure you don’t forget about another major appliance in your home that also needs yearly servicing – your humidifier.