We’ve very recently blogged about carbon monoxide (CO) detection and the rash of venting problems occurring this winter, but we were shocked and saddened by the recent tragedy of a twelve-year-old Airdrie boy who died from CO poisoning in his own bed. The source of the gas was found to be a condensing boiler unit
The dead of winter is peak season for carbon monoxide risks; that’s when all your gas-fired appliances are working overtime. We all know that carbon monoxide asphyxiation can spoil your whole day, but for some people chronic low-level exposure can be a problem too. Why It’s So Dangerous Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colourless,
Make Sure Your Gas Appliances Can Breathe With the current cold spell and recent snowfall, we are getting a rash of calls right now concerning furnaces, water heaters and boilers conking out. A large number of these failures result from snow and frost obstructing the vents and/or fresh air intakes of gas appliances. This is
Have you been feeling under the weather? Tired, low energy, headaches, stomach aches or chronically “stuffed up”? Whereas in the summer we spent plenty of time outside and kept our windows open, therefore benefitting from constant ventilation, come winter, gasses like radon and carbon monoxide accumulate, and contaminants like mould, off-gassing from carpets and paints,
We check for cracks, leaks, and damaged and dirty parts to keep you healthy and save you money on heating bills!
One potential source of carbon monoxide is the furnace in your home — yet another reason why your annual furnace inspection is so crucial.